Sunday, November 8, 2009

Art is never finished

Spent a lot of time this weekend working on the pastels. I'm working on drawing baby animals, so here are a few bears (I think they're bears). The colors appear muted because I quickie-shot these with my phone. In reality the colors are wonderfully rich. If you're experimenting with pastels as I am, keep trying different things. I learned by trial and error what now seems obvious - if you're using a light colored background, go ahead and lay it down before you add details to the image so you don't have to try and color around them. First you put in the background, then add the black details on top (like the hairs on the top of the first bear's head).



This little guy's my favorite. He started as a doodle, but I loved him so I kept him.

No comments:

Post a Comment