Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Back in the Cities



Just a short post to say I'm back. I just got back from my mom's funeral. She had a heart attack at age 63 and did not survive. It is a terrible loss.

For now I give you a pic of my dear friend Amelia, featured here with Luna, formerly known as the world's meanest cat. Though Luna was 16 when Amelia was born, she managed to find that cat's sweet heart.

Last night at dinner, Amelia said to me quite solemnly, "Your Mommy died." Yes Amelia, she did.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little girl. It is so neat to see that she has found the sweet spot in Luna.

    Thinking of you always, Babs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. We were so happy to have been able to provide a brief rest-stop in what must have been the most difficult of trips. Thanks for this beautiful post. Thinking of you both and hoping that you are well... XOXO, J

    P.S. I think Hank misses the girls.

    ReplyDelete